The mission of Tennis Success is to enrich the lives of “at-risk” youth and to equip them to serve the community by providing tennis, education and healthy living programs.
Serve it up – Tennis, Education and Healthy Living
TO TENNIS SUCCESS STUDENTS
The continued success of Tennis Success Inc. (TSI) is a result of our commitment to the TSI Core Values and Mission Statement.
This Code of Conduct is designed to help us realize the importance of our Core Values, Mission Statement, and most of all, our sense of self-worth, self-respect, and our relationships with family, friends, mentors, and community.
As we work towards success in tennis, at home, community and life, we strive to demonstrate behavior consistent with Tennis Success, Inc. Core Values and Mission Statement. We aspire to do this for one simple reason – this Code of Conduct defines our responsibility.
TSI expects each student to Do the Right Thing: at home, at tennis, in the community, and in life.
Tennis Success Inc. is committed to conducting all affairs with integrity. This commitment extends throughout our expanded organization no matter where in the community our program reaches.
Our students have a responsibility and an expectation to hold themselves to the highest degree of sportsmanship, integrity, and honesty, even if it means the loss of a point, game, and yes, even a match.
This commitment requires not only compliance to the TSI Core Values and Mission Statement, but it also requires all participants to act accordingly to our TSI Student Contract.
All students, directors, instructors, officers, parents and volunteers are expected to be familiar with this Code and to adhere to it.
Rewards and incentives for students will be based in part on compliance, behavior, and open communication.
Any participant violating this Code of Conduct is subject to disciplinary action, which may be in the form of a 3-strike system resulting in expulsion from the program, or immediate expulsion at the discretion of the Executive Director. If necessary, participants may be reported to the proper authorities and may result in civil or criminal action.
OUR TSI CORE VALUES
The key to Tennis Success’ future, and the basis of a culture that enables superior performance in all areas of our organization is a continued firm commitment to our Core Values. They remind us that it is not just a matter of doing what is expected and required whether at home, in our programs, or at tournaments. We must strive to go above and beyond the standards of what is expected and required.
Play by the rules. Make the right decision every time, even if it costs you. “Honesty is the cornerstone of all success without which confidence and ability to perform shall cease to exist.” -Mary Kay Ash
Obey instruction the first time, every time.
Conduct yourself in a manner that earns praise, not fault.
“Humility is not thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less.” – C.S. Lewis
“Humility is staying teachable, regardless of how much you already know.
Treat yourself with dignity and self-respect. Treat others with dignity, respect, honesty, and sensitivity. Encourage and practice teamwork.
Work hard. Practice hard. Play hard. Reach your goal. Make yourself better today. Meet your potential and find enjoyment in your life, in your play, and in your relationships.
Be accountable for the choices and actions you make and accept all consequences that follow.
HOME AND FAMILY
First and foremost, a TSI student must be obedient at home. Obey and respect the house and family rules. Do your chores without argument. Respect authority. Do not talk back.
- Be on time.
- Follow the schedule.
- Comply with all directions and requests of instructors.
- Be attentive.
- Participate in all activities.
- Use your ‘inside’ voice in the classroom.
- Ask the tutor for help as needed.
- Help other students on-court, if you can.
- Practice correct tennis form.
- Do not talk back or argue with tutors or coaches.
- No horse playing. (Don’t throw things, don’t hit balls unless it’s your turn, etc.)
- No bullying allowed (Refer to USTA Safe Play Code of Conduct); including harassment; including saying or doing things that create a very strong emotional reaction in someone, especially anger, irritation, or exasperation.
- Keep your hands to yourself.
- Have all your equipment ready; this includes appropriate attire (TENNIS SHOES, T-SHIRT, SHORTS, AND CAP) and bringing a container for water (at least a 16 oz. container). *Only Water will be allowed ON-court.
ON THE COURT/TOURNAMENTS
Refer to all rules in the USTA’s Friend at Court 2017 Handbook of Rules and Regulations on the USTA Website. You could incur penalties and even be suspended from USTA tournaments as a consequence of failing to comply with the rules.
- Adhere to all rules and comply with officials.
- Have all your equipment ready BEFORE tennis instruction or match check-in; this includes wearing appropriate attire (proper shoes at minimum for class), going to the restroom, filling your water jug, regripping your racket, etc.
- Only Water will be allowed ON-court.
- Be fair about line calls. If the ball is not clearly out, then it is in.
- Challenge, but do not argue, yell, or curse. Ultimately, it’s their call.
- Do not abuse equipment. This means do not throw your racquet, water bottle, shoes, towels, ball abuse, etc.
- Do not verbally or physically abuse anyone, including opponents, teammates, officials or spectators.
- Show respect and good sportsmanship to opponents and teammates alike. You are not only representing yourself; you are representing your family, your coaches, Tennis Success as a whole, and the community.
- Be supportive of your teammates. When you are not on a court competing, gather at one of the courts where your teammate is competing to provide encouragement.
TSI is not responsible for any lost or missing personal property.
- Social Media: Any posting on social media by any TSI student deemed inappropriate, by TSI supervision, including board members, that does not live up to the expressed values and expectations of the Code of Conduct will be investigated, and will be subject to discipline, up to and including suspensions from TSI. (TSI Participants should not post any pictures of other participants or staff on social media without the consent of that individual.)
- No misuse of drugs: Illegal, legally prescribed medications or over-the counter medications.
- No weapons. This includes pocket knives of any size.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No tobacco products.
- No fights, arguments, gossip, or other verbal or physical expression that is offensive, demeaning, or of any sexual nature.
- Keep your hands off your teammates’ property unless you have the owner’s expressed permission. This includes equipment, money, cell phone, music player, etc.
- Wear clothes in a neat and clean appearance.
TSI is serious about the welfare, health, and well-being of each student. As a result of this concern, our Zero Tolerance policy is strictly enforced.
Any student suspected of violating any part of the Zero Tolerance policy will be investigated and will be subject to discipline up to and including suspensions from TSI if the investigation finds that the student is in violation. Each violation will be investigated separately. Any investigation automatically includes a review of the violator’s history. The violator’s history includes, but is not limited to, how the violator has complied with the TSI Code of Conduct while a TSI student.
A suspended student is not allowed to attend any TSI function.
TSI STUDENT CONTRACT
I promise to comply with, adhere to, and live up to the Tennis Success Inc. Code of Conduct at all times. I make this promise knowing that I must live up to the Code, not only while attending TSI activities, but in every aspect of my life including home, practice, competition, and anywhere I happen to be in the community.
I understand that if I fail to live up to the Code I must face the consequences of my choices and actions, including and up to being suspended or expelled from the TSI program.